Digital Channel Manager
Job no: 508630
Work type: full time
Categories: Community Engagement/Marketing, Information Technology
Brand, Marketing and Recruitment
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 9 $ 117,049 – $123,858 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (BMR) division exists for the purpose of showcasing the best of UWA, ultimately enhancing reputation and driving student recruitment. The division consolidates all marketing, communications and future student related activity into one team, enabling efficiency and effectiveness gains for the University.
The Brand and Marketing team within BMR provides strategic brand direction and ongoing brand management for the University. The marketing area works across all global markets to help build the brand position and to attract business partners and students to UWA. The Brand and Marketing team consults with; and across all areas of the University to implement marketing plans and associated activities.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, take a lead role in the development and implementation of the University’s digital marketing strategy, the performance of digital channels in the strategy and the future roadmap of digital products. You will lead a team of digital channel specialists, managing digital channels that include websites, apps, online communities and social media. Across these channels you will drive traffic and engagement, enhance user experience, maintain clear up-to-date content and drive conversion from digital channels in to lead capture and applications to enrol.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency in digital, digital marketing, or related area
- Substantial digital experience at appropriate level, managing implementation and operation of digital channels and assets to support strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing digital / marketing teams
- Demonstrated skill and experience in digital transformation and managing digital transformation projects
- Demonstrated skill, experience, knowledge and capability in Website Content Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build sustainable relationships and communicate with influence
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Digital Channel Manager.docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday 30 January
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time