Teaching Operations Assistant/Officer
Job no: 508205
Work type: full time, part time
Categories: Administration & Executive support
- Numerous full-time or part-time positions available
- Salary range: Level 4, $67,294 - $71,483 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- Salary range: Level 5, $72,531 - $80,391 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
College Services provides academic administration and technical support services to the University’s schools, including Heads of School, academic staff and research students. The team is committed to providing effective and efficient services in support of the Schools’ and University’s strategic objectives, with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice. The Schools Operations team provides academic support services and general administrative support to the University’s Schools.
About the opportunity
You will provide expertise in a wide variety of administrative duties to support the teaching programs of the schools. You will work collaboratively across teams to ensure high quality service provision and responding to changing demand.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: 508205 - Position description.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55PM Friday, 28 January 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time